Family Intervention Specialist **Now Offering $2,000 Sign-On Pay
PORTLAND OR 97240
****Now Offering $2,000 Sign-On****
**Who is Youth Villages?**
Youth Villages is a nonprofit organization striving to help troubled youth and families live successfully. We are a team of 2,900 individuals who've come together across 12 states to change the landscape of child welfare and juvenile justice across the country. Our work involves providing an array of counseling and treatment services to youth with severe emotional and behavioral problems.
Eighty-four percent of those who go through treatment are succeeding two years after leaving our program. These youth are living at home, remaining in school, and are not experiencing trouble with the law.
**Can I see myself here?**
We have found our staff succeeds at Youth Villages when they:
Are passionate about social services and dedicated to helping at-risk youth and families
Value feedback and accountability
Value the collaboration that comes from working on a team and thrive working on their own
Enjoy variety in their schedule and not sitting behind a desk all day
Are results and detailed oriented
Have a sense of humor and find creative ways to implement ideas
Value a strength-based treatment approach
Can change priorities quickly
Are looking for more than just a job
**How will I make a difference?**
* Family Intervention Specialists in Salem will work with both biological and adoptive families. Many of the youth on your caseload will be foster children or former foster children in pre-adoptive or post adoptive homes who are experiencing stress in their placement.
* Providing in-home counseling services for at-risk youth and families
* Managing a small case load of four to six families to provide quality counseling
* Meeting with youth and families three times weekly to address each family's needs
* Providing after hours support to youth and families through being on-call to personal caseloads Monday-Friday and rotating weekend and overnight on-call duties
* Collaborating with youth, family, teachers, and other community members working towards the success of the youth; that could be attending court or meeting with teachers; it depends on what your families' needs are in any given week
* Providing a strengths-based approach utilizing counseling and social work skills
* Attend three weekly meetings (individual, team, and clinical consultation) for professional development to help enhance clinical skills
Schedule is flexible and non-traditional; based around the availability of youth and families served.
Applicants must have a valid driver's license, a personal vehicle to use for work purposes and auto insurance.
Community Based staff will be reimbursed for applicable mileage
**How can I be considered for the position?**
You can be considered for this position if you meet the following qualifications:
Master's degree in social services field; degrees that can be considered include: social work, drug and alcohol education or counseling, psychology, criminal justice, guidance counseling, or marriage and family therapy. Other degrees will have to be evaluated further to determine if they meet the qualifications.
Experience working with at-risk youth and/or families in a volunteer, internship, or paid position; clinical experience is preferred
Willingness/desire to maintain an untraditional schedule
Strong writing skills and experience with electronic documentation
Acceptable driving record- Two or fewer moving violations within the past 36 months
Experience growth and development through our continuous training, as well as tuition and licensure reimbursement, or pursue opportunities to advance both clinically and administratively with Youth Villages.
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
Retirement Savings Pension Plan
2 weeks paid vacation
12 paid sick days per year
10 paid holidays
Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement (when applicable)
*Requisition ID:* 2018-1943
*Job Locations:* OR-Portland
*Program:* In-Home Services
*Relocation Assistance:* Yes
*Position Type:* Full-Time/Regular