ARLINGTON MA 02474
Youth Villages has been a national leader in the adoption and implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children's mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.
The Program Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the counselors as well as the clinical services for the program. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Provide support and assistance as needed to team. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and other essential duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Oversees and manages treatment milieu to ensure that life skills and leisure activities are in keeping with Youth Villages' treatment philosophy and treatment protocols.
* Supervises staff and maintains staffing levels for all shifts within the cottages to ensure safety of youth.
* Develops and implements evening and weekend programs in accordance with treatment protocols.
* Implements on-the-job training for staff and ensures that ongoing training occurs.
* When necessary, participates in staffing to help plan and evaluate treatment programs.
* Ensures that all necessary reports, reviews, and other forms of documentation are completed in a timely manner.
* Adheres to licensing and JCAHO standards.
* Carefully monitors cottages for cleanliness and safety, and staff for compliance with any special treatment procedures.
* Assists in periodic evaluations of program policies and procedures.
* Maintains policy, professional growth, and quality of service within each assigned group.
* Monitors admission and discharge process to insure adequate utilization of resources and to maintain projects census.
* Provides input on a regular basis to the activities of all services to each child in the program.
* Monitors budget for assigned groups.
* Provides input for budget planning.
* Participates in treatment team meetings and ensures follow up of staff interventions.
* Work with the Campus Director and other supervisors in planning, leading, and carrying out an ongoing in-service training program for staff.
* Evaluates program and staff effectiveness and designs and implements solutions on a systematic basis, empowering their teams to do the same.
* Place staff in cottages on one-on-one assignments as needed.
* Functions as campus supervisor when scheduled.
* Assists in carrying out employee discipline as needed.
* Develops daily crisis schedule and assist when needed.
* Collects and passes out vehicle keys as needed.
* Works with staff to ensure that standards of therapeutic environment, plant technology, and safety management are followed.
* Works with the Campus Director, Clinical
* Consultant, Director, Clinical Services Director and others in matters pertaining to major critical events.
* Supervises and directs the collection off statistical data related to the treatment program.
* Evaluates group therapy components and leads sessions as appropriate, with a focus on teaching problem solving, perspective taking and social skills as needed.
* Serves as consultant to counselors in all areas of treatment assessments, treatment plans, and therapeutic interventions.
* Approves work schedules, vacations and time off for counselors, supervisors, and other staff.
* Provides liaison services with Department of Children Services, Mental Health and other community/state resources to ensure appropriate support services to residents and their families when appropriate.
* Evaluates and refers youth for psychiatric and psychological consultations, obtaining assistance for program leadership staff as needed.
* Ensures the proper assembly, and timely completion of documentation for residents' charts.
* Meets with youth on individual and group basis as needed to assess and plan individual and group behaviors as needed.
* Informs staff of pertinent development with families
* Establish ongoing experiential opportunities for residents and staff with the assistance of recreational therapy.
* Ability to maintain adequate cottage cleanliness
* Adherence to documentation cycle time
* Establish on ongoing training schedule and monitor staff development
* Appropriately focuses discussion and activities on group processes
* Implement ongoing safety monitors
* Monitor and coordinate staff coverage.
* Assists the Campus Director as necessary.
Qualified applicants should possess a Bachelor's degree in a behavioral science field
Master's degree and clinical licensure strongly preferred
Residential experience required
At least six months of supervisory experience required
Ability to work evenings
Excellent communication skills
Ability to train and lead staff
Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
Basic computer knowledge
Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
Experience growth and development through our continuous training, as well as tuition and licensure reimbursement, or pursue opportunities to advance both clinically and administratively with Youth Villages.
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
Retirement Savings Pension Plan
2 weeks paid vacation
12 paid sick days per year
10 paid holidays
Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement (when applicable)
*Requisition ID:* 2018-2052
*Job Locations:* MA-Arlington
*Relocation Assistance:* No
*Position Type:* Full-Time/Regular