Marketing Communications Manager
YMCA of Greater Houston
HOUSTON TX 77007
Under the direction of the Vice President of Marketing/Communications, the Marketing Communications Manager willlead marketing efforts within an assigned service line to develop and implement best in class marketing and communication strategies across an array of communication channels, including digital and print. The Marketing Communications Manager is also responsible for developing messaging and editorial content that will be distributed through a broad range of internal and external communications channels.
Annual Salary: $50,000-$55,0000
99. Develops messaging and copy for Marketing & Communications initiatives, including but not limited to print and digital collateral materials, direct mail pieces, fliers, posters, email-newsletters, social media messaging and other items needed to increase awareness in the community and support program development as well as membership and fundraising campaigns.
99. Collaborates with the Marketing & Communications team in the development and execution of year-round strategic marketing initiatives and maximize efforts to support Center level marketing needs
99. Assists with developing and implementing an Association-wide public relations strategy
99. Provides support in managing media relations, writes and distributes press releases, drafts talking points and oversees on-going calendar of pitches and story ideas.
99. Serves as content manager for association and center specific newsletters, ensuring quality, clarity, message alignment and adherence to deadlines.
99. Coordinates with service line leadership to develop and implement an annual marketing/communication plan and budget designed to promote key service areas and achieve organizational goals.
99. Meets on an ongoing basis with Center staff within assigned service line.
99. Manage an annual editorial calendar.
**YMCA Culture & Cause Expectations**
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It's who are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don't just show up, we show up with purpose. As a cause driven leader you are expected to be:
Welcoming-Accept neighbors eagerly, warmly, hospitably, and as equal participants.
Nurturing-To care for, support, and help develop through encouragement.
Hopeful-Take an optimistic or positive view of future outcomes.
Determined-To devote full strength and concentrated attention to the cause.
Genuine-To be honest and open in relationships with others.
99. Bachelor's degree in related field.
99. Three plus years of professional experience with a background in communications, marketing, public relations or other related field in the YMCA or another not-for-profit preferred.
99. Must have demonstrated graphic design experience and be highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
99. Demonstrated copywriting and editing experience. Must have excellent spelling and grammatical skills, and the ability to apply guidelines from the Associated Press Style Guide.
99. Proven experience with web content management and social media management.
99. Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
99. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
99. Valid driver's license and ability to travel within the region and to/from the Association office required.
99. Candidates who are bilingual in Spanish will be strongly considered.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. **EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE** Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from an accredited four-year college or university. **LANGUAGE SKILLS** Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. **MATHEMATICAL SKILLS** Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. **REASONING ABILITY** Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. **PHYSICAL DEMANDS** The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. **WORK ENVIRONMENT** The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. **TRAVEL** Travel is 50% primarily locally to assigned centers within the Greater Houston area during the business day. Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected. **HOURS** Flexible with scheduling and available to work operational hours of the YMCA, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on the center needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
**Posting ID** 82823615959
**Job Category** Marketing/PR