GARDINER MINES NS B1H5K4
To manage an underwriting unit, usually comprised of two or more market-facing sub-units, to aid in making appropriate underwriting decisions.
High Level Influencer Externally Focused - The job's core deliverables rely on influencing or negotiating with external contacts on strategic impact matters. Relationships typically involve persuading or countering opposition, often with vendor representatives or senior management level customers.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area within the Commercial Insurance industry
* High School Diploma or Equivalent and 14 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area within the Commercial Insurance industry
* Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area within the Commercial Insurance industry
* Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 12 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area within the Commercial Insurance industry
* 2 or more years of management experience
* Bachelors Degree
* Advanced knowledge of product lines and insurance industry
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent skills in relationship building
* Strong presentation skills
* Results oriented
* Manage market facing underwriters who proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
* Identifies new growth opportunities with key distributors for areas of responsibility.
* Ensure that accounts are qualified, and meet with the organization's appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
* Along with underwriters in areas supervised, make agents/broker/customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose.
* Oversee negotiations of Terms & Conditions and closes deals.
* Ensure cross-sell within areas of responsibility to increase product density with the account.
* Provide continuous coaching on sales best practices.
* Mentor staff to develop strong broker and client networks as related to industries underwritten by Business Unit.
* Monitor Sales Funnel and Production Metrics of team.
* Calculate Target Price accurately by utilizing underwriting tools appropriately.
* Identify market trends and coverage's exposures that may impact business results. Work with actuarial to insure a proper rate / price structure.
* Manage relationships with producers by conducting line of business, book of business, class and segment analysis to ensure profitability and growth.
* Market company products and services through agency plant and brokerage community.
* Support development and maintenance of agent/broker relationships to achieve profitable growth, market share, product mix, new business and account retention.
* Improve customer relations, profitability and productivity by continually analyzing branch office?s new business, loss ratio, expense ratio, loss frequency, agency distribution, product mix to determine it?s impact on other business units.
* Review agency books of business as well as profit/growth results and trends to recommend and implement action plans.
* Business Travel, as required
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve. Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world. Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
**Primary Location:** Canada-Ontario-Toronto
**Travel** Yes, 20 % of the Time
**Job Posting** 12/20/17
**Unposting Date** Ongoing
**Req ID:** 170009QX